High Performance Products
Polyester strapping is characterized by a very consistent tensile strength and very high elongation. Characteristics that are most decisive factor for a safe and reliable strapping method. Unlike strapping made from steel, Polyester strapping having its very high elongation, is able to absorb shocks and impacts during transportation and handling far better than steel strapping is capable of. The excellent elongation allows the substitution for the same application with Polyester strap having a lower breaking strength.
Production takes place round the clock in the FROMM production centers. Highly qualified teams of specialists manufacture FROMM products satisfying the highest demands of quality on computer-controlled machines.
The STARstrap™ Polyester Strapping offers excellent mechanical features such as high breaking strength, outstanding elongation and perfect tension retaining capabilities:
These characteristics result in:
- No damage or contamination of packaging goods (Corrosion-resistant)
- High shock absorption in case of impacts during transportation
- Less pressure on edges of packages (Corner Protectors often not needed)
- Perfect on individually secured packages
- Strap tension remains tight in cases where the package may shrink during storage or transportation
- Substitution of steel strapping by STARstrap™ Polyester allows the use of strapping with less breaking strength
- Reduction of material costs (up to 50% savings)
- Less risk of injury in case of strapping breakages
- Easy and clean handling compared to steel strapping (recyclable)
Polyester Strapping Performance
Depending on the security requirements during transport there are four different product groups to choose from:
STARstrap ™ – This product group is obtainable in widths between 9mm and 19mm. It can be used for strapping paper, cardboard, timber batches, rocks, cans and plastic products.
STARstrap™-plus – Is distinguished for its high joining quality and edge stability. This type of strap is particularly suited to meet the demanding standards involved in securing products during transportation. STARstrap™-plus is obtainable in widths ranging from 15mm to 32mm. It is increasingly being used for converting former steel strapping users over to polyester. In many cases this grade of strapping is used for the strapping of:
- Sharp-Edged and heavy packaged in the metalworking and construction materials industry
- Highly compressed textile bales
- Heavy bundles in the woodworking industry
STARstrap™- ULTRA is a high tech strap with extremely great tensile strength and seal efficiency. It replaces high-strength steel strapping in the heaviest of applications, especially in the metalworking industry. STARstrap™ – ULTRA is obtainable in widths ranging from 16mm x 0.89mm to 32mm x 1.20mm sizes
STARstrap™- ULTRA-S The PET strapping band STARstrap is Ultra-S in particular for users who place a great emphasis on the relationship between costs and benefits. STARstrap Ultra-S is produced with much less material while still meeting the requirements for the usual holding strength at comparable dimensions. STARstrap Ultra-S is strapping for sustainable and cost benefits in procurement and disposal. STARstrap Ultra-S is available in dimensions ranging from 12.0mm x .50mm to 19.0mm x 1.27mm sizes.
Steel vs. PET
Strength & Elongation Curve
Production plants for Polyester Strapping
STARstrap™ is manufactured on state-of-the-art extrusion lines in new plants equipped with the highest caliber quality control and testing machinery, ensuring the highest standard of quality.
FROMM produces all common commercial sizes of strap guaranteeing a perfect performance of its tools and automated machinery. Extensive warehouse facilities and a professional logistic operation allows FROMM to respond quickly to the market’s needs. Pictured above is our production plant in Santiago, Chile.